The L1 has an IP44 rating according to the IEC60529 standard. This means that it is protected against solid objects over 1mm in size and against water splashed from all directions. The protection level is not permanent however and will decrease over time due to device wear.
To ensure the highest levels of protection:
• Before installing, make sure that the interface and surface of the gimbal are dry;
• Before use, make sure that the gimbal is firmly installed on the drone and the SD card protective cap is clean, free of foreign objects, and closed;
• Before opening the SD card protective cap, wipe the surface of the drone clean.
The L1 is compatible with the M300 RTK. Before using, please upgrade the firmware of the drone and remote controller to the latest version.
The camera requires a MicroSD card with Class 10 or higher transmission speed or rated UHS-1 , with up to 256 GB supported.
In Non-repetitive Scanning mode, the FOV is 70.4°x77.2°.
In Repetitive Scanning mode, the FOV is 70.4°x4.5°.
The maximum measuring range of the L1 is 190m@10%, 100klx ; 450m@80%, 0klx.
The recommended typical working height is 50m-150m.
The L1 has two scanning modes: Non-repetitive Scanning mode and Repetitive Scanning mode.
The L1 supports 4 types of returns:
One return: highest intensity;
One return: first return;
In typical operating scenarios, the IMU accuracy of the L1 is 0.025°(roll/pitch)/0.08°(yaw).
At a flight height of 50 m, the vertical accuracy of the L1 can reach 5 cm and the horizontal accuracy can reach 10 cm.
The Lidar module of the L1 adopts an Advanced Frame Scanning mode. This ensures that all point clouds collected are valid point cloud data.
The L1 can be mounted on the right downward gimbal port (when facing the drone) or the upward gimbal on top of the M300 RTK.
For high-accuracy post-processed modeling, you can import the data from the SD card into DJI Terra with one click. This will generate a colorized point cloud model with high-accuracy PPK-IMU position and orientation calculation supported.
· The L1 supports the following model reconstruction formats:
· Point cloud formats: PNTS, LAS, PLY, PCD and S3MB;
· Model formats: B3DM, OSGB, PLY, OBJ and S3MB.
The L1 currently supports 2D Orthomosaic and Corridor Mapping flight missions.
The vision sensor provides altitude data. This means that if the GNSS signal temporarily fails, the aircraft’s accuracy will not be affected for up to 60 seconds.
The RGB camera of the L1 provides basic functions for taking photos and recording videos and provides real-time color information for the point cloud data during the scanning process. This allows the L1 to output true color point clouds and reality models.
Note that Lidar scanning and video recording cannot work simultaneously.
The following TimeSync 2.0 features are available:
• Output the exposure time interval in microseconds;
• Time synchronization for the camera, the gimbal, the flight control system, and RTK;
• Brand new position and orientation compensation function which writes precise exit pupil positions of the camera into the photos based on the positions and orientations of the drone and the gimbal.
The Lidar module of the L1 has active detection capability which can scan terrain to collect point clouds during nighttime or other low light conditions.
At a flight height of 100 m and a velocity of 10 m/s, a single flight with the M300 RTK and the L1 can collect data covering an area of 2 km2.
The L1 can be widely used in multiple scenarios including:
· Topographic surveying and mapping
· Power transmission line corridor modeling
· Emergency response surveying and mapping
· Detailed modeling
· Agriculture & forestry investigation