Localization for Surveyors
This is to transform point cloud data from State Plane to localized ground coordinates. Raw point cloud was processed prior to the video in DJI Terra.
- Either create new drone project or read in points into TerraScan (for this video and demonstration purposes I read in the points without creating a project)
- The localized ground control points are referenced in this DGN (red point features)
- In the TerraScan toolbar, click Scan Settings
- Click Coordinate transformations -> Transformations -> Add
- Enter the combined adjustment factor for the Mutliply by X and Y
- Next, click Tools in the TerraScan menu bar and choose Transform loaded points
- In the Transform dropdown, choose the linear transformation previously created and click OK to localize the point cloud.
- Targets will now align with the localized ground control points